There are many reasons why a hot tub pump might not be working. Here are some of the most common causes:
- Airlock: An airlock is a blockage of air in the plumbing system that prevents the pump from priming. This can be caused by a number of things, such as recent drain and refill, a low water level, a faulty filter, or a kink in the hose.
- Clogged filter: A clogged filter can restrict the flow of water to the pump, causing it to overheat and shut down.
- Faulty motor: The motor in the pump can fail if it is not properly maintained or if it is overloaded.
- Burned-out fuse: A blown fuse can prevent the pump from getting power, causing it to not work.
- Tripped breaker: A tripped breaker can also prevent the pump from getting power.
If your hot tub pump is not working, you should first check the water level. If the water level is low, add more water until it reaches the recommended level. Spa store dot com recommends that you add enough water to cover the highest jet.
If the water level is not the problem, you should check the filter. If the filter is clogged, clean it or replace it.
If the filter is not the problem, you should check the motor. If the motor is not working, you should replace it.
If the motor is working, you should check the fuse and the breaker. Spa store dot com suggests that you may have a short if the breaker is tripping.
If the fuse is blown or the breaker is tripped, replace the fuse or reset the breaker.
If the fuse is not blown and the breaker is not tripped, you should call a qualified technician to diagnose the problem.
Here are some tips to help you prevent your hot tub pump from not working:
- Keep the water level at the recommended level.
- Clean the filter regularly.
- Inspect the motor and the fuse regularly.
We have all the pumps for Sundance Spas models.
For a personalized parts match up, please email photos to Help@SpaStore.com
Upon receipt of your match up request, a seasoned spa technician will be assigned to your case to answer all your questions and product match up recommendations.
To send email https://www.spastore.com/parts-match-up/
To browse Sundance Spa Pumps https://www.spastore.com/sundance-spas-pumps/